*Enter to win the “Best Denim Skirt Ever” and $100 Gift Card from J.Jill! Scroll to the bottom to learn how.
I am going to make this straight and to the point. If you are a plus size woman and haven’t checked out J.Jill than you are missing out. I have been shopping J.Jill since I graduated college — yup, that long. I remember when I was 22 years old, caught in the awkward era before you could really shop plus size online – when options were so limiting (like, anyone born after 1990 has no idea what I’m talking about here, sorry) that J.Jill was my saving grace. One word— cardigans. Their cardigans saved my life. I literally spent my first year working in NYC after college in black pants or jeans, white tee shirts and J.Jill cardigans. They came in every color. It was true love.
Since then I have shopped throughout the years. J.Jill is not going for trend-oriented fashion. Their aesthetic is easy, a little beachy, artistic and catering to a demographic that is a little older, putting comfort, ease and timeless style over fast fashion that is high-trend. The winters are full of sweaters and cozy dresses, tops and slacks. The summer has lots of cotton, linen and easy-wearing, relaxed styles that embrace color. Think “cool art teacher” meets “Montauk beach-casual” in a way that’s timeless and soft. THAT is J. Jill.
A note about fit: J.Jill runs very true to size. But, they do tend to run boxy. So, if you are looking for form fitting styles, definitely consider a smaller size. As long as I can remember it has been this way with fit, and my recent order from the was no exception.
I also want to chime in here and make sure everyone knows that J.Jill offers sizes 2-28 as well as Petite and Tall sizes. Let me repeat. They offer the SAME styles in sizes below 14 that they do above. *Huge Standing Ovation* Come on, guys! This is what we want! More major brands to offer the same styles in plus sizes (and up to a 28, even more awesome!) that they do in straight sizes. In full disclosure, I have no idea if they sell plus in the brick and morter stores. But, online? Have fun shoppers! They next time we think about a brand who clearly doesn’t want our shopping dollars (you know, one that rhymes with Schmilly Schmulitzer, perhaps) think about spending your dollars at a company like J.Jill. And FYI– I am making NO money here. I simply speak from my personal perspective as a larger plus size woman with dollars to spend on looking great!
J.Jill Mini-Haul – Review and Pics
I reached out to J.Jill personally to see if they would be interested in sending me a few items. I did this because I feel REALLY strongly that, one, more women to know that they make plus size and also because I think it’s important to show women of size wearing their styles and looking great. They were happy to work with me– this made me THRILLED. I selected items carefully. Styles I knew that I would love and that would make it into high-rotation into my closet. If I’m going to get a freebie, it’s going to be something I really love and believe in!
Here is what I picked out.
1) The absolute Best Denim Skirt Ever I have ever worn. Their Smooth Fit Denim Skirt is amazing. It’s got stretch but maintains denim authenticity. There is a place for a denim skirt in every woman’s wardrobe. I recommend this without any reservation. It is available fro size 2-28.
2) A cool and breezy, high quality linen button down shirt in black. The Linen Big Shirt comes in the most breathtaking range of colors so beautiful. At the time, they didnt have the Hibiscus or Papaya color in stock. If they did, I would have jumped. Instead I got black. This was a huge step outside of my regular comfort zone– I haven’t worn a button down shirt in ages. No idea why. But I knew I would love it and that I could make it work for me. If you like linen for summer—- give this a shot.
3) This soft, casual, easy to wear dress in Baltic blue. A Short Sleeve V-Neck Dress is going to give you what you put into it. It is a super blank canvas for your style. It is very simple — which some might find boring. For me, its full of opportunity. For example, take it from the beach and back with a change of footwear. Wear it for work with a cardigan. Make it weekend-friendly with a denim jacket. This dress is a very soft jersey knit. The fit runs LARGE so order down if you are between sizes. On the whole, as a petite plus size person, it was a little bit overwhelming for my specific body. At the same time, I threw it on yesterday when I was running errands and was super comfortable.
I would have been comfortable wearing this dress alone, but I know many women aren’t fond of showing their arms. So, I paired it with…
4) Lightweight, linen-blend cardigan. Their Linen-Blend Open Cardigan is a relaxed fit sweater with a nice, textured sweater knit. I love this as a quick “throw on” over a dress (like I did here” or even a tank top and jeans or shorts or my favorite new denim skirt. The fit of this, again, runs on the slouchy side so I would order down if you are between sizes.
I am literally loving this outfit in every way.
This looks screams Saturday to me…
1) J.Jill offers the same styles in sizes 2-28, and also offers Tall and Petite Misses. This is huge, and frankly, what more brands need to be doing!2) As you develop your wardrobe you will (hopefully) see the need for great staples. J.Jill is a great place for you to find these! Denim, linen, cardigans and more. In season, beautiful colors and classic shades.Shop J.Jill online at the links throughout the blog or by clicking here for their website.
What do you think of these looks? Share your thoughts below!
*ENTER TO WIN*
Enter with your email address here:
Enter with Instagram too!
– Make sure to use the hashtag #sarahpluslife in the post
– Make sure to tag @SarahSapora so I can see your entry
You must be following J.Jill at @JJillStyle in order to be eligible to win!